Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wrapping Up Loose Ends

     This summer has been productive yet a bit overwhelming.  I have decided to become very self-disciplined about my hobbies.  Cleaning out my sewing room in order to make it a room in which to actually sew has been quite the reality check.  
     The reality is that I purchase new patterns and fabric because of the current trends .  Then I feel guilty about all of the projects I have started but never finished and put off the new projects.  I tell myself I can work on them as soon as I finish the old ones.  Truth is -- that will not be happening in this lifetime.  I am going to change my whole philosophy -- determine what I am most excited to work on and make it NOW.
     How do you get rid of perfectly good fabric with no purpose in mind?  Do you donate it, give it to someone who also may not know what to do with it, or just keep it like I do?
     Well, to wrap up another loose end, here is a picture I meant to post when I lost my camera. (Still not found)  This is the pajama top I made to go with the pants during Karen's first Pyjama challenge a year ago.

I have worn these pajamas more than any other because they are soooo cool in the summer.  The fabric is lawn by Lisette.  I had to iron the top for the picture but it is a fabulous fabric.  The thin cotton makes sleeping at my parents lake house endurable.  McCalls 6249 is a simple make and I will definitely use this pattern again - soon to use up some of my stash!


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! Make what you want to make now and don't worry about the UFOs.

    As for the fabric, I'm thinking of doing a big stash cleanout, mainly to get all the fabric that doesn't currently fit into the closet, into the closet. (you can see it in the pix behind the cat bag, and that's not all of it that won't fit, ha ha!) I have donated my fabric in the past, either to coworkers with kids or grandkids and also to charity.

    Those pajamas are awesome! I love the ribbon detailing! You've got me thinking about cotton summer pjs!

    Thanks for all your comments about the cat bag, I am excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog via your comment at Sewing on the Edge's post. Your PJ top looks so pretty, and comfy, too!

    ReplyDelete