We had a few
sew days snow days last week here in Michigan. Hmmm, what to do when you can't go to work and can't get out of your driveway?
Can you tell what I used to make my starburst? I'm sure it is obvious. I had been looking for a starburst clock to replace the one from my living room before redecorating. Then I found this vintage clock in an "antique" store in Lansing. I really loved it, but it was too small on all of my walls. At the same time I was helping a friend make purses from men's ties. It may be a bit contrived, but I had to try it. I typed tie clock into Pinterest and this what I found. I tried to make the ties look a bit more like a dresden pattern, but had difficulty with the different sizes of the ties.
After fooling with them for much too long, I decided to just get it done. This was the easiest way to make it work.
I used a very stiff 70 weight interface from JoAnn Fabrics. Love those 60% off coupons! I had to double it to get the width I wanted.
My "new" Bernina made it possible. I haven't really blogged about this machine. I got it this spring and have fallen in love with it. The walking foot and knee lift made this project happen without any four-letter words or tears.
It makes me so happy to get this off my sewing table. I started collecting ties this summer. It took a while to get the color combination I wanted. I am unhappy with the way the light blue striped tie overlaps the dark green tie on the bottom. I will probably take it apart because I am obsessive.
Hope you all are enjoying the winter weather.