It has been 6 months since I last posted. So much has happened in that time. I took a break from my computer for a while, but came back to enjoy my favorite blogs. The longer I limited myself to reading without posting, the more difficult it was to decide what I might write.
I have decided to start writing whatever hits me at the moment.
So this is what has been keeping me busy.
1. My sweet girl moved to Brooklyn! I miss her terribly, but couldn't be happier that she is so happy and living her dream.
2. I got to go back to teaching kindergarten after a year in second grade! Sometimes things happen for a reason. My heart is in K, but I am newly refreshed from the change.
3. My son decided to be a college student after all and moved back in.
4. My husband and I celebrated his 50th birthday, our 28th anniversary, and the New Year in Kauai. We took our first vacation completely alone -- no kids, no parents, and no relatives. It was fantastic! I spent way to much time dreading the empty nest. It is not so bad.
I was able to visit a few fabric stores in Hawaii. I will post about that another time.
5. I am redecorating and revamping my sewing room. More to come on this fiasco soon.
6. It has been at least 8 years since I decorated the first floor of my home. I still love the choices I made, but it is time to move on. My taste has changed, so the style needs to change too. Scared yet excited, I made the first purchases today. Here is a little sneak preview.
Thank you for inspiring me through your blogs while I have been away. I'm not sure what the future will hold, but I am hoping that it will include a lot more sew-time. In addition, I'll be sharing some of the past.