The opening in the front of the bodice does not show. The problem may have occured when I enlarged the bust slightly. I know that the obvious answer is to make the opening larger, but it became a bit more complicated when I lost the pattern. I am not sure about how to go about it. I think I will make a muslin first rather than take any chances. My thought is to make the slit which is truly only a straight line at this point into a tear drop shape. Any suggestions? I would love to see this dress finished on someone else.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Changed My Mind
I had planned to work on the orange paisley fabric with the new Vogue pattern next. Then a phone call came that sent me into a tailspin. I couldn't be more excited that relatives were coming to visit from New York. However, I had to get my house in order -- a monumental task. In the process, I found the pattern I have been looking for, for over a year now. I can now finish a Suzie Chin dress that I started two years ago. I stopped when I became dissappointed in the result and knew I didn't have enough time to fix, finish, and find shoes before the wedding we were to attend. This is the problem: