Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Patterns, Old Fabric

I have promised myself that I would devote this summer to using up a big chunk of my stash and getting rid of the pieces I know I won't use.  I cheated with that last blouse, but I am back to being commited.  Fortunately, Jo Ann's ran a sale over the weekend on Vogue patterns.  They are usually my favorite. 

This is a piece I picked up in a clearance rack at Jo Ann's in 2007 after admiring it for quite some time full price.  I bought this pattern to make the sleeveless wrap dress.


I am afraid that I bought the pattern because the colors were so similar, but I never felt the paisley print fit the style of the dress.  I looked for something a bit more peasant-like, yet never found anything I liked.  Then, I came across this newer Vogue and fell in love with it.  I think the combination will be unique, so I am going to give it a try.
It is definitely a far cry from peasent-like.  But, I have to have it!

You may not see the reveal for a while.  Unfortunately, I have some drapes that need to be finished.
Until then, happy sewing!


5 comments:

  1. I think this fabric in the vogue pattern will look beautiful......look forward to seeing it! Thanks for the follow on my new blog....following you back as I like your blog! Have a wonderful week!

    http://sewcoco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog name! :) I, too, look forward to seeing how this pattern works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!
    Absolutely wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing, my wife is gonna love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering about that Simplicity pattern myself, so I'll be interested in seeing how you feel about it.
    Really lovely material you have for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with sewing the stash. I've been trying to eliminate mine for many years, and yet it continues to grow, along with the patterns!

    ReplyDelete