Now, I am attempting to fix the opening in my dress so that I will like it better. Unfortunately, I probably should have listened to the advice of my aunt who is a wonderful seamstress. She took a look at the opening and said I should leave it because it was perfect. She suggested that I just spread it a bit when I attached the binding. Guess I should have listened. The new keyhole is not perfect. I don't know if anyone but I will notice, but I know it. The procedure I used worked pretty well, however it is always difficult to work on something partially complete.
I first traced a couple keyholes using the pattern piece as my guide. When I got it the desired size, I cut it out.
Next, I taped the opening together with transparent tape. Then I layed my template on the taped cutline and traced.
Finally, I stitched around the marked line, clipped, and understitched the opening. This is the result.
I like the opening better, but I wish it was done as well as it was the first time I did it
New complication--I have now misplace the instructions. I may have accidentally placed them in another pattern envelope. I hope my next post will be about this dress, but I'm in the mood to sew, not hunt for misplaced papers.